A Mix That Sounds Great Everywhere
Rarely ever does a product cross my path that makes me stop everything I'm doing and immediately makes me want to dive deeper into it. In fact, I nearly overlooked this one while trying it out the first time. Today, I'm gonna introduce something that very well could be the biggest game changer to hit my home studio in a long time, I'm talking about the Sonarworks software!
What is Sonarworks?
A speaker and headphone calibration software that allows you to deliver consistently accurate studio reference sound. Most people are not aware of just how important it is to calibrate their speakers and headphones, in all honesty however, when working ina less than desirable space calibration is the only way to get the best audio experience while mixing and/or mastering.
Without proper calibration, speakers can be off balance, too bright, have little bass response, or just all around distorted. Consequently, the listener will have an inaccurate listening experience which will lead to less than desirable mixes and/or masters.
In less than 20 minutes you can calibrate your existing studio speakers with a measurement microphone (buy from Sonarworks or use your own) and calibrate your existing headphones with more than 280 headphone calibration profiles already included in the software as ready-to-use presets.
With an applied calibration profile the software then sets the frequency response target to be completely flat across all audible frequencies so you can trust that every mix will translate. Likewise, with their latest update you can even make custom adjustments to the target curve in real time with the new custom target feature.
With an accurate representation of your sound you can seamlessly switch between speakers, headphones, and rooms, allowing you to mix with confidence and make music that sounds great everywhere.
What's it gonna cost ya?
$99 - For SoundID Reference (Headphones Only)
$249 - For Headphones/Speakers
$69 - For the SoundID Reference Measurement Microphone (no software)
There are also several bundles with popular headphone brands as well as those including the measurement microphone if you need one.
● Speaker calibration: save as many profiles as needed
● Headphone calibration profiles for 280+ supported models
● Custom target: target curve adjustments in real time
● Translation Check: simulating 20+ different devices and device types for accurate mix translation results everywhere without leaving the workstation
● 3 filter modes: Zero Latency, Mixed and Linear Phase
● Additional DSP processing controls: Mono, Dry/Wet and Safe Headroom
● MIDI mapping in the SoundID Reference app for various controls
● User Presets in the SoundID Reference app for switching quickly between predefined output device/channel pair combinations
● SoundID Reference app for Speakers & Headphones
●SoundID Reference DAW plugin (AU, VST, AAX)
● Averaged profiles for 280+ supported headphone models
● Activation key for the product license: the product can be activated and used on 3 machines
- Superb sound quality on your mix/master
- Affordable price for what is offered
- Excellent tech support
- The program was a little glitchy at first (installed a patch and it's fine now)
- You have to remember that your computer is using it as your main output
- Your headphones may not be represented in the list of usable calibration profiles
If you're serious about your music and you want it to sounds the best it possibly can without having to treat an entire room or learn a ton of mathematic equations to minimize poorly translated mixes, this can be a lifesaver. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is wanting to achieve pro level results in a less than pro space!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.